Bengt Kjellson was appointed as the Director General and Chief Executive of Lantmäteriet (the Swedish mapping, cadastral and land registration authority) in July 2011. Before this, he was Head of Lantmäteriet´s Division for Land Registration.
Bengt has also been involved in international matters related to land administration.
Other assignments include:
- Chairman of UN GGIM Europe Executive Committee, 2014 – present
- Member of board and vice president of Eurogeograhics, 2012 – 2014
- Member of The Government’s Council for Digitalization of Public Administration in Sweden, 2015 – present
- Member of the e-Government delegation, 2011 – 2015
- Faculty of Law, Uppsala University. Chairman of the Institute of Real Estate Legal Research, 2005 – present, member of board since 1999
- Chairman of board for EULIS 2005 – 2013
- Chairman of UN ECE Working Party on Land Administration (2001-2005), and Bureau member 1999 – 2005.
Bengt has a law degree from University of Uppsala, Sweden.